Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To the sodden, wet and flooded folk

My mum took these photos yesterday from the caravan park she is staying at.
(In a CARAVAN. Luckily it is on high ground. I don't want to find out later if it floats.)



To the sodden, wet and flooded folk around Australia,
.
You poor things, it just keeps coming, doesn't it? This rain was welcome at first, then a bit annoying, and now down-right unwelcome. Now there is water everywhere. I hope you don't get drunk and play in it. That would be silly. I hope you find a nice dry place with a cup of tea and a dry bed and a hug.
.
I hope your car is okay, your house is insured, your business safe and your loved ones accounted for. I hope it has been more exciting than terrifying, and the sun comes out really soon.
.
We're all thinking of you. If I could make you a casserole, I would.
.
Hugs,
Pepper x
.
.
ps. if you are one of those brave folk and volunteers looking for missing people and rescuing them in helicopters, and working tirelessly to help in whatever way you can, an extra cheer for you. If I could bake you a cake, I would.
.
pps. If you want to help (and like me, can't post a casserole) you can donate to the flood relief fund here.
.

2 comments:

  1. I should think they would definitely welcome both the casserole and the cake. Hope your mum stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I have seen this on the news. I can't believe how long it has gone on!

    ReplyDelete