Monday, April 30, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
* paper planes and hugs, looking after nieces and nephews while mum and dad go rock out
* sending presents in the mail
* new ukulele strings and chess games in the lounge
* Anzac day biscuits which turned out a little funny... but still yum.
* poker. poker poker poker. we love poker.
* making yummy breakfasts
* live music in the library with a friend
* making duck enclosure for Clementine
Saturday, April 21, 2012
* beautiful geometric quilt made by Rolleys mum
* we made chai icecream! (well he did. I mostly watched. and then ate) yum!
* chookies on the back stairs
* swims and chips on the beach
* exploring the botanic gardens. being attacked by ants. having milkshakes.
* playing lego with the kids
* he is knitting me something. something special.
* lovely local creek
Monday, April 16, 2012
to when I was 18, and better at lots of things.
Cooking. Being semi-responsible. Wearing colours other than black. Typing fast. Not losing socks. Filing important documents. Going to bed early. Telling people I love them. Keeping my hair one colour. Returning phone calls. Sobriety. Not leaving town with barely a word. Sewing. Understanding myself. Growing veges. Paying bills more or less on time. Appreciating people. Enjoying simple things. Making pancakes. Using my words.
But I still:
Avoid clothes shopping. Ignore realities I'd rather not deal with. Get annoyed by my sister. Treat my pets like people. Feel a bit lost sometimes. Keep my teddy bears in a cupboard. Occasionally have breakfast for dinner. Become engrossed in books. Forget to go grocery shopping. Get nervous. Daydream.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
eating lots of chilli :: new housemates :: cool mornings in the backyard :: reading new books :: going new places :: listening to a lot of Florence :: looking after this not-quite-a-duckling-anymore :: beard concert :: working on new Pepper Ink designs for next week
Hope you had a lovely one too!
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
I was, ahem, 'researching' when I came across this website and Oh. My. Lots of swell things.
These are a few of my favourites, but they also have cute camera cases, amazing lens for your iPhone, tripods, instant cameras, and stuff for cool special effects like smoke, filters and colours, and light-developing fabric dye. lots of cool things. Makes me want to go take photos of EVERYTHING.
You can go have a look here.
Call it research.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Sunday, April 8, 2012
I went camping with my friend Rolley. So nice to spend time with a friend who lives so far away, text and emails and Skype just aren't the same, are they? and it was his birthday too!
It was such fun! We walked, swam, played dice, ate delicious breakfasts and smokey cheesy jaffles on the fire and burritos and the best. yoghurt. ever. We wandered through the local town, stopping at an antique store, art gallery and craft store with some amazing quilts. There was a nosy goanna, one eyed old possum who tried to run off with the peanut butter, and a one-legged bush turkey (the subject of which made the park ranger a bit shamefaced and quiet..) I picked wildflowers each morning, we lazed around reading on blankets, and talked into the night. I didn't wear a watch and when I found myself wondering about the time, I though 'pfft! time! it doesn't matter!' and that is a nice feeling indeed.