Saturday, October 24, 2009

there's a new kid in town


.

.
.
.
.
.
There's a new type of graffitti/urban art /guerilla knitting around these parts. Eye catching, pretty and inviting, these colour co-ordinated pieces are in my favourite park. They're made up of knitted strips, ribbons, fabrics and buttons, woven between twine on tree guards.
.
I love that they surprised me and made me smile, that they brighten up the place and serve no purpose but to look pretty and maybe make people pause in the day.
.
I have no idea who's behind them, but if it's you, they're lovely; and do keep it up, won't you?

3 comments:

  1. Thats a great eye catcher and a really nice idea to brighten up your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepperlady, they made it all the way to Camden Street, I noticed on the weekend! It needed more brightening after we painted all the street signs last year...

    ReplyDelete