Wednesday, June 3, 2009

souvenirs


The sound of bells that carry across the rooftops and into my bowl of soup
When I press my eyes and see stars just like when you said
The dampness in the wind that makes the hairs at my neck curl against my skin
Crumbs in the carpet, treasures in the sky, blue socks under the bed
Cereal boxes lined up in all of the colours of my love
The sticky stones of apricots rolling across the sun beams on the floor
Peanut butter, mixed tape full of silent drums and im just a girl you knew
your name makes an empty space in my mouth
I don’t know why, souvenirs of you.

4 comments:

  1. aaahhh so beautiful! and such a lovely photograph, too! {i totally just read your comment on my wingman post and AAAHHH! good luck! teehee!}

    p.s. let me know where you send your mix! weeee!

    ReplyDelete