Monday, July 6, 2009

how do you get concrete out of carpet?

This morning I was woken at 3am with a cat sitting on me. This is not unusual, but I remember thinking 'man, is she heavier than she was yesterday?' before I drifted back to sleep. Then I woke this morning with a strange white dust on my bed and sheets. Strange. I went to put my shoes on and reached under the bed. The seem to be covered in, white dusty paint? Ah, concrete? What the? Concrete on the doorway, on the furniture, in little paw prints all.the.way.up.the.hall.

So I have a kitty who has visited a building site a block away and managed to DUNK herself in CONCRETE. She is walking like she's in a half-body cast, her fur sticking out in stiff white spikes as she waddles and shakes one foot, then the other, in a vain attempt to get it off.

A bath in the laundry sink later (wet cats are hilarious. it's true.) and some hopes that she hasn't eaten too much concrete already, I stop in to see the builders on the way to work. They thought it was pretty damn funny, and luckily she hasn't ruined anything. Apparently the concrete was mostly set so the lime had deactivated or something so it was less toxic than it could have been. Still not recommended though.

I didn't have the chance to grab some photos of the scene as I rushed to work, but it was THIS ONE. She looks INNOCENT doesn't she. Not.

3 comments:

  1. it could be worse. it could have been poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhh omg that's so scary! i hope she's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There! I can't find your email, but we're meeting tonight at the Madison Hotel by Central. I've updated the post on the Brown Owls Members Blog with all of the details!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete