Friday, July 24, 2009

My Week in Pictures, or Titles in Capitals Sound Good

I've been visiting friends on their property near Coffs Harbour on the north coast of NSW. Gee it's pretty there. I only meant to be there for the weekend, but I stayed for almost a week.
.

Me and a Horse Named Wally Who Likes Carrots Very Much

.

Picking Wildflowers from the Top Paddock
.

Cute Sheep But Actually Quite Annoying
.

Playing with Stella, my Second Favourite Dog in the World
.

Chickens are Lovely But A Bit Stupid Most Of The Time Plus I Would Like To Live In This Shack
.

What a Sexy Pumpkin
.

Plus we went ate chips wrapped in paper at the beach, went fishing, ate excellent pizza by the fire in the local pub, and spent hours reading and catching up.
I want to go back and stay for a few months, wake early and plant seeds, grow things, feed chickens, spend afternoons reading and sewing. Yes indeed. I will just need to let work know. 'I'm going to live in the country for a few months, mm-kay?'

4 comments:

  1. envious is I! man, that sounds awesome! do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!! i forgot to say, I have an auntie named Stella, I always wanted to use that name for my kids :) alas, it never eventuated :) glad you had an awesome time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a lovely little outing:).


    And I love the post-it video below! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds glorious. i like the wildflowers- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete