Sunday, February 14, 2010

fence love





On my way to the shops to buy chocolate the other day, down by the railway tracks, I saw this work on a fence. I did stare at it for a moment and think 'You'? but realised that from the train side, it reads 'Joy'. It made me wonder at the reactions of people sitting on the train when the word 'Joy' flashed by their window.

I do like random fence art. Almost as much as I like guerrilla knitting. Then I found outdoorknits flickr set called 'Beautifying Fences'. How lovely. I especially like this one.


And this one too.

Show us the fence love.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love fence art! I was sitting here for a bit trying to work out what yoj meant before I read your text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I see that fence quite a bit, I think it's lovely - although I wonder if it was done by the church across the road? The J was missing last week, someone must have put it back?

    That fence of hearts is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is SO cool! thanks for sharing this =-)

    ReplyDelete