Saturday, July 3, 2010

my week in pictures

.
On a day off, woke up to strawberries, perfectly poached eggs, watercress salad, goats cheese wrapped in bacon and buttered sourdough. *sigh* The Boy can cook.
.

.
Finally made some roses bunting inspired by these. It hangs above my bed, matches the roses on the cornices, and makes me smile and think of my sisters.
.
.
Best.Duck.Noodle.Soup. Ever. Followed up by popcorn at the cinema watching Toy Story 3. It's good, I laughed so much, Oh Ken! (and cried a little at the exhorbant ticket prices for 3D. Basteerds.)
.
.
A friends birthday cued drinking and mixing. By him and the Boy, not me.
.
.
I mostly choose wine from the prettiness of the label. (Come on, I know I'm not the only one). This wine had an awesome letter-press picture, and a funny name, and was really really tasty. Winner.
.
.
My housemate playing guitar. She is super-ace and makes me laugh.
.
.
This is my new favourite drink. Swedish Cider. Refreshing and lovely, like drinking dessert and more pretty labels too! (realising this post makes me look like I spent all week drinking. I didn't.)
.
I also went to a small business expo (much more interesting and informative than I hoped!), posted custom orders, and read 'Persuasion' by Jane Austen. Which is now making me want to watch BBC period dramas and sigh.
.
I hope your week was lovely too!
.
.

5 comments:

  1. :-)
    Damn - your boy can COOK! Nice. Nice. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's definitely how i choose my wine too!
    aaaaaaaand i'm googling where to find that cider right now! looks amazing!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a man who cooks, actually I love ANYONE who is willing to cook for me, but then, I'm obviously a bit easy! Totally going to scout out some of that cider, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Pepper :) I just thought I'd confess one of my embarrassing traits - I can sometimes be a little dyslexic and I read that label as “re-dorkeling” and thought what a cute name…..
    My mind also see the pub name “Glasgow Arms” as “Glow Worm”…go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE pear cider. It is hard to get in Aus. I'll be sending the Mr straight to Dan Murphy's to get me some! (checked the link to find the stockists!)Thanks a bunch xx

    ReplyDelete