Monday, December 6, 2010


The Boy and I broke up last week, but life doesn't give much of a toss about your heart. It blithely goes on, regardless of the state of your insides. I still wake up in the morning, there is still laundry to do, emails to answer, cats to feed, projects to start. The sun comes up and goes down, and it's getting easier to breathe.


Friends invited me to stay with them in the country, and here I am. Each day I 'm surrounded by new scenery, with new sounds and new smells. It feels a little surreal, as it all happened so quickly, and I'm still very sad, but it's nice to be somewhere else.


I'll give you a tour soon x

7 comments:

  1. gosh that sounds awful!!!
    i hope the country air makes your heart feel better soon!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend. Thank goodness for lovely friends who invite you to a new environment not filled with notsohappynow memories and a bit of fresh air, greenery and love. Hope it helps ease the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh glory goodness. So sorry to hear that. Good to be out of the city with all its Christmas razzle dazzle - too, too much. Enjoy the warm earth. Soak in the muggy skies and the cool evenings. Sleep a little. Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still shocked to my jocks. I hope the country air is doing wonders for you. I don't think there's anything better for a bruised and battered heart. Lots of love, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hug* I'm so sorry for your poor heart. Enjoy the country my dear. xsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Shaz, so sorry to hear that. I'm so pleased you have some good friends around. J x

    ReplyDelete