Friday, April 8, 2011

before i die project




Candy Chang covered an old decrepit house with a giant blackboard, painted with rows of the sentence 'before I die I want to... ' and supplied chalk. A few days later, the chalkboard is full, ready to be washed and soak up another layer of thoughts and dreams. Go here to read the full story and see close ups (a good read!) or to see more of her projects.


I turned the side of an abandoned house in my neighborhood into a giant chalkboard where residents can write on the wall and remember what is important to them. Before I Die transforms neglected spaces into constructive ones where we can learn the hopes and aspirations of the people around us.

Love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hej lovely, that is great!! Thanks for sharing, it blew my mind. I read through everything and it's just so creative and touching. What a great idea!!

    Btw, I posted about your postcards. Thanks again, mate! :)

    XO.

    ReplyDelete