Wednesday, April 15, 2009

collecting

words and pictures

I like collecting things.Like most crafty people I have stores of buttons and fabrics and felts and threads and ribbons and things that may.just.be.handy.one.day.
.
Other things I accidentally collect are keys. Not sure why. I think it started when I moved house once and got left with a bunch of keys, so I put them in a drawer. Then we changed the locks at work, so I collected everyones old keys and added them too. Sometimes I find them. The ones I find are my favourite- where did they come from? what did they lock? how were they lost? Keys are new beginnings and old routines.

I'm not sure what to do with them though.. any ideas? Some hang in a strand from my ceiling and tinkle in the breeze. Most sit in the drawer.

I also have a bunch of boardgames. In the basket on the top there's also barrel'o'monkeys, uno, playing cards, dice and other-games-that-I-don't-remember.Love 'em. Want more. Must have people over more often for board game evenings like it was 1944 (before television was invented. I just wiki'ed it.)


When I was a kid I collected stamps. Seriously. I had two books, one for international and one for Australian stamps, and a little magnifying glass and everything. You can take the girl away from the stamps but you can't take the nerd outta the girl.

I'm lovin' Pip's words and pictures themes. I'm gonna go have a bit of a stroll and see what everyone else collects!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving Words and Pictures too, it's really interesting to read everyone else's interpretations. Keys... that's so cool! I have no idea what to do with them either though, but I'm sure it will come to you! I'm going to post your tv picture sometime soon, I've been sooooooooo busy the last little while that I've been seriously neglecting the blog!

    Oh, and I managed to get Master Mind from the op shop the other day, I love those old school games!

    ReplyDelete