Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My heart goes out to all those affected by the devasting bushfires in Victoria. It pains me to think of the loss, I can barely imagine. Please make a donation if you can to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal 2009, and Pip at Meet Me at Mike's has heaps of ideas for crafty types to contribute as well. (The sidebar has an amazing list for craft and not-so-crafty people to do) You can buy gorgeous items here with all proceeds going to the appeal, auction your own, or donate goods for affected families.
We have a responsibility to live our lives to the full, when so many have theirs unfairly cut short. I find myself pausing every time it is mentioned, trying to give the scope of the tradegy the respect it deserves, but it is almost too big for me to handle.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment