Sunday, February 22, 2009

Photo Album

Welcome to my photo album. Just a quick tour of some of my favourites , please wash your hands before handling the pictures, and keep your elbows tucked in.
costume
This is my twin sister and I ready for a fancy dress something. I am the cowgirl, she is the pretty lady. I don't remember if she was little-bo-peep or something. Pretty much sums up our childhood, I was the grotty one with stains on my clothes and no shoes on, she is neat and pretty.
kylieme
My big sister K holding me. (I think we were the rebels in the family and shared that outlaw-bond. You can see it in that mischievous smile. she knows.)
falls
Us four sisters at Malanda Falls. Note the mullets and handmade swimmers. I once saw a platypus in the river at those falls.

lake
At Lake Egan with pelicans. Although this photo was taken in the early 80's, it has a definite 70's feel to it. Must be the bell-bottoms and cords.
canoe
I have no recollection of canoeing at all. None. We look cute though. N still has the same smile (and I still have great legs)

view
This is where the 80's really kicked in. Cut-off denims, bright arty prints, flouro.

I hope you enjoyed your tour. Any questions?

Looking at old photos got me thinking about last times. You remember your first times, or most of them- but rarely the last. When was the last time I played on a swing? I didn't know at the time that it would be the last, but somehow it was. The last time you pretended you were a dog and lapped water from a bowl on the floor? The last time you told a teddy a secret? The last time you padded your bra with tissues? (no, I never did that.. ), the last time you ate vegemit toast upside down so the vegemite goes straight on your tongue?

Maybe I should do all of those again and then remember it as the last. (Might suck the magic out though, not quite the same!). Lasts I do remember include- last look around a house before moving, last day at high school, last time I saw a friend, last time I ate a peanut butter and jam sandwich (last week), last time I bathed with my best friend ( the next summer she had 'grown up' and overtaken me), the last time I fell in love. All the lasts make room for the firsts, I just don't want to miss any of them.

(edit) my twin sister just posted this photo on her lovely blog (you can see it here)

cots

No comments:

Post a Comment