Sunday, February 22, 2009

not-so-cranky anymore

I had a cranky day on Friday. Little Miss Cranky Pants.

"cranky face"
(picture credit: yeah, it's fine)
.
I left work early and walked home with my heels in my hand and my stockings ripping under my feet. On the way I finally went into a little knitters shop I had always passed on the way to work. Out the back I found a wall of embroidery threads, beautiful colours and ooh just lovely. I bought some cushions on special with a thick loose weave fabric to embroider, with techniques from my awesome new embroidery book.
.
.
I also followed a whim and bought some green wool, actually 100% wool wool, and wooden knitting needles. Gonna make me a scarf. Yee Haa


Then, several blocks and the purchase of a beer-for-the-road later I found, and bought, a Ukelule. Yep, a ukulele. (took me a while to remember the spelling too). You may remember me being enamoured with this chick. She just makes it sound so goood. I may have a little girl-crush. I googled 'how to play ukulele' and know strumming techniques and three chords so far. Note my new extra-short nails to assist in string playing. I love my ukelule.


So my day dramatically improved and I was not-so-cranky-anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for purchases that cheer us up! Love that Doodle Stitching book too, got it as a b'day gift from a friend. Hope the crankies stay away!

    ReplyDelete