Friday, February 13, 2009

V-day

V-day is upon us. God help us all. Save us from soppy songs, cut out red hearts and the ridiculous notion that all romance must be crammed into 24 hours, once a year. Save blissful lovey-dovey couples revelling in the day from cynic singles, AND vice versa.
.
.
Some things I like:
Metal Candy Hearts here. Ultra sweet.
Cute Sayings for your valentine here at Skip to My Lou. Ultra-cheesy.
.
I'm excited about the anti-valentines contest, keep goin' over to check out new entries and all the cute-arse stuff. Little excited in that I've-entered-into-a-competition way. I've won two competitions before. It'd be cool to get an honourable mention in this one.
Age: 6, Competition: colouring in, Prize: set of mint ladybird stamps, that I later used to post parcels to imaginary places.
Age: 16, Competition: fashion design, Prize: 100 bucks. I don't remember what I spent it on.


"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other waythan this: where I does not exist nor you, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep."
- Pablo Neruda, "Love Sonnet XVII"

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment