Saturday, March 21, 2009

I want them all

I've just come across this picture on this lovely blog.
When I was a little girl I had this book on tape, and reading it invokes memories of a warm rich voice washing over me with adventurous tales and tantrums and friendship. I love it. I used to make rice mixed with butter and pepper; or apple, honey and cheese cubes (don't ask) and curl up with a book and a cushion behind the chair in the sunroom, where the 70's orange glass walls would turn everything warm and yellow. I bought a copy a few years ago, but it was not as gorgeous as this beautifully bound one. Look at those blossoms!

You can see it here, along with other gorgeous books. I want to run my fingertips over the fabric and embossed letters. I want them all.

in totally unrelated but strangely fascinating news, this fish has a transparent head.

No comments:

Post a Comment