Tuesday, March 17, 2009

i heart park

I've been for a run for the past few days (I know! sshh! I'm trying to keep it quite so I don't lose my momentum by realising what I'm doing!) and in the last bit of the loop I take a rest on the corner of the park. I know I've talked about this park before, but I. love. it.


Every morning I ride along the path across a corner of it, just cruising past the morning trees and everything looks greener in the morning I'm sure. In the afternoons I cruise back the other way on the way home form work, past couples under the trees and businessman strolling along. If I'm going home earlier than usual there's mums and blankets and prams strewn around the playground.

A bit later on, the west side fills with all kinds of dogs. Dogs are just so gosh darn happy, you know? When I'm chilling and watching them, it's during their favourite time of day. Runnin', catchin', sniffin' waggin'. They make me smile. (and want to borrow one, just for a little while)

On the weekends, as you know, I love to lie on the grass and read the paper, watch the clouds, chat with friends. Big groups congregate to celebrate birthdays or just catch up. People kick a ball around, throw a frisbee, fly a kite. With a beer in hand and a smile. Love it. And then there's the festivals and markets. When I die, I want to come back as a park.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm i like how you describe it, how it makes you feel. its like i just went for a walk in the park vicariously..just from reading it and looking at the pics. ... nice. : )
    and yeah, I love the hues of morning light on trees and grasses, but not just that, the air feels and smells different, alive.. and refreshing. heh.

    ReplyDelete