Monday, March 30, 2009

Because Everyone Wrote Bad Poetry In Highschool Part 1

I spent some time cross-legged on my bedroom floor this afternoon, re-reading old journals and notebooks I keep in an old bax under my bed. I came across a bunch of 'poetry'- and I use the term loosely-from my (turbulent) teenage years. Some of it is very funny. Some is very sad. All of it made me think about what I was going through, and stuff I haven't thought about for years (including my first bf, travelling around australia in a van with complete strangers, and what it's like to live in a tiny room on less than $20 a week). Here's one for your reading pleasure..
if I lie very still
I feel myself, taking up space
pushing air away breathe dissolving
if I lie very still
I can feel the warmth quietly radiate
off my skin
hear myself living, feel my existence
taste my disquiet
if I lie very still
I can sense the vibration
to the edges of my skin
that is me

Join in and post one of yours (I know you wrote some) I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment