Friday, March 27, 2009

little things

IF: Little things by Amy.Ng

Pip’s ‘Words and Pictures’ is continuing with this week’s theme ‘Little Things’. It made me think of all the little things that can add up to make your day. The unexpected pleasures. I love the little things.

Train luck; when you run down the stairs and straight onto a train before the doors slide closed. Also refer to ‘taxi luck’ and ‘bus luck’.

Rain luck; when you have forgotten your umbrella and the clouds are grey and dark, but somehow you get indoors before it buckets down. Also refers to when you are caught in the rain on a summer weekend and dance.

Song luck; when you’re in your own world and a great song plays that breaks you out of your bubble and makes you smile and start shakin’ your booty. Also when you’re woken up by your favourite song on your alarm radio. Awesome.

Warm Glow: waves across the street, compliments from strangers, kisses goodbye. Also see ‘running into friends luck’

Entertainment Luck; when you have forgotten that your favourite show is on but accidentally end up with it on anyway (me, last night + scrubs = yay) see also ‘book luck’ and ‘movie luck’

‘Sweet as’ Luck; when things come together; the lighting for your photo, you find the perfect fabric for your project, any sequence of small fortunate events.

They all turned out to be luck, but I guess the little things are. If I caught the train because of my own punctuality and the impeccable City Trains service, well that would just take the magic out of it, wouldn’t it (as well as being incredibly unlikely!)

Also Laughter; when you stumble across an email, blog, or hear a joke etc. that leaves you doubled up with tears streaming down your face.

Note: try not to say the word ‘luck’ too many times in a row. I just have, it sounds weird and kinda creepy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pepper!
    I Followed the link from Meet Me at Mike's and loved reading about your little things. I hope you don't mind me adding Pepper Stitches to my blogroll. Thanks ~ Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.....This post really made me smile....I hadn't thought of all those kind of things...but i agree!
    When something.....little!....like that happens it feels like it's a special treat, a little gift especially for you. it's fun! x

    ReplyDelete