Wednesday, March 18, 2009

new ink

Today is Wednesday, so I was about to post a 'whatcha wearin Wednesday' post, but I gots new ink today, and I'm wearing it, so that's what I took pics of to show you.


It's around my inner arm (the pictures make it a bit hard to see) and you can't see wear it ends in two leaves on my upper arm, but you get the drift. It is much darker than I hoped (i pictured grey branches but forgot.to.say), but I am NOT. panicking... the colours lighten as it heals, and when I go in next I'll ask if she can add some white to the branches to make them light brownish grey. yeah.

It's supposed to be apple blossom, but turned out looking suspiciously like cherry-blossom.. I may add a little apple coming off the branch, and whiten the blossoms a wee bit.

It started off okay, but the shading was not-so-comfy. It hurt like the dickens in some places, and tickled in others. Some places it hurt AND tickled, so I just took the benefit of the doubt and giggled.

I have another appointment in 2 weeks, so my thoughts turn to all the empty patches of skin, and what I would like to put on them. Thinking about what I love in my life, music and craftiness came up, so I'm looking into something representing those. Looking around I've seen some incredible work on crafty lasses, check these out..

(image credits: sewing tattoos flickr pool , Chloe crossland, Imeanhoneybee, Softsarah)

3 comments:

  1. you're blog is so great!
    was wondering have you seen the English model Alice Dellal's tattoo of a scissors on the inside of her hand? its rather great, crafty tattoos getting mainstream attention..
    are you planning a sleeve? i SO want a winged cupcake and maybe a 'skull'n'crochet hooks':)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been planning my crafty tattoos. I've hunted down that crafty tattoo flickr stream before too. I love the one with the measuring tape tied in a bow; the upper arm collage of ribbons, buttons, scissors etc and and and - well, okay - basically I just love them all. Sigh.

    Oh and your new apple blossom tattoo is absolutely gorgeous. It must suck when it doesn't turn out EXACTLY as pictured in your head, but it is still very beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to get my first tattoo as a way to celebrate the end of my year of sewing project. I haven't gone to flicker to search for ideas, but I am excited to now!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete