Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do I Have To?


To Do List, originally uploaded by gamookie.

I haven't blogged for ages, I feel the last two weeks I've been stuck doing all those things you don't want to but know that they’re for your own good. How boring and grown up they are. Like flossing. Vacuuming. Running on mornings so cold you think your ears might drop off. Finishing a report before you leave the office. Booking travel/hotels. Homework. Practising musical instrument again and again. Eating your greens. Almost all appointments.
Some of these things can be enjoyable some of the time, but sometimes things that you usually enjoy fall into this category; like finishing a sewing project after you’ve lost heart, or finishing a book that you don’t really like but. have. to. otherwise. you’ll. never. know. how. it. ends. I realise my rant sounds a bit pitiful next to those brave lovely souls with offspring to add to the mix, and I look forward to ranting about that too, but sometimes it seems no matter how much you have to do, it’s too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment