Saturday, May 16, 2009

a lovely beast

I had my first cello lesson in over a year a few days ago, and it was lovely. My new teacher is bubbly and not-intimidating-at-all. She has played since she was 4 and is studying at the conservatorium. (I am always nervous when I use that word in case I accidentally use the other one, the garden one- conservatory, and sound a bit silly.)

So I have new pieces to practice, notes in the margins and more enthusiasm than you can poke a stick at. Now I'm just trying to coordinate practice times when no housemates are home; as soon as I know someone can hear me, every mistake is amplified and echoes and I have the overwhelming urge to yell out 'sorry 'bout that!'

My cello is a lovely beast. She is pretty and vibrates around the room and fits me well, I think.

My new teacher also lives about 5 minutes from my house (and through this tunnel under the train tracks). Excellent.

1 comment: