Sunday, May 17, 2009

sunday lovely sunday

I start uni soon, and am, um, looking forward to it. Do you sense my hesitation? Only a little bit. My friend has been mentally preparing me. You know that spare time you think you have? Yeah, you won't. You know how you can handle things at work and are usually pretty smart? Yeah, be ready to feel really stupid. You know those people who can't go out because they have to finish an assignment? Yeah, that's gonna be you. Dangnammit.

So I tried to really savour this sunday. I may not have too many more left to spend so leisurely. Things I like about sundays:
.
Getting up slowly. Ducking outside in my undies to grab the paper and hoping the neighbours didn't notice. Drinking tea in bed.


The option of wearing ugg boots all day. Hanging up laundry slowly in the sun.

Watching movies in the middle of the day. Big breakfasts at noon.


Meandering, Sauntering, wandering. Sitting in the park. Browsing at Markets. Trips to the shops.
Finding a unicorn in an alleyway and adopting it. (yes this photo is a bit special. My camera was dropped last week while the zoom was out, and now it fractates every 10th photo or so. Interesting. Also check out my new green cardigan and brooch from markets. I loves them.)


Making things. Starting new things, thinking about new things to make.


Also cooking, meeting friends, drinking in the sun, long baths, reading whole books, fresh sheets.

*sigh* Oh Sunday, we have such history. Don't forget me.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry! All those things are true, but there are so many fantastic things about uni too! Lots of new people, amazing, educated, open minded teachers who love what they do (mostly), new ideas, and I know it depends on what you study, but it's not tooo full on during the day-- I did so much sitting around and talking during my degree... not to mention all the procrastination you'll get to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am counting down the days until I have my final assignment for this semester handed in (18 days). And then only a couple more subjects and I'm done! Yahoo! You will get a Sunday again...just hold onto that thought :o)

    ReplyDelete