Wednesday, January 21, 2009

bunch o' stuff

New favourite thing: http://www.last.fm/..
play the radio, put in any band/artist and last.fm plays songs from that artist and a bunch others like them. Great for me, when I kinda know the kind of music I feel like but can't make up my mind. Superdooper for finding new artists to love..

Last weekend I sat in the park and watched a dad watch his little boy on his trike for ages. Nearby friends were having a picnic but the guy just watched and walked as for ages and ages the boy rolled down the path, then pushed up again. then rolled down again. When the boy got off for the zillionith time the dad jumped on and for a minute the roles were reversed. So cute!

seen on the way home today. ain't that the truth...


so goes a quote a friend gave me-
"The future remains uncertain and so it should, for it is the canvas upon which we paint our desires. Thus always the human condition faces a beautifully empty canvas. We possess only this moment in which to dedicate ourselves continuously to the sacred presence which we share and create."

something i'm sewing... a skeleton. so far as you can see i've only made the spine, shoulderblades and one bone (and a red heart).. each bone has a wire core and I think i'll find some little white beads to be the elbow and knee joints... not sure about the skull though.. hrrmmm....

also started an owl... maybe- "if i were wiser".. going to fill it up with stitches and bits.


Went for a walk tonight as the thunder rolled and big drops fell to the road around me. Feeling strange these days.. doing the usual, work home, read. Listen to records, plant some seeds... somehow the world is different. Or is it just me?
Loving my home, the company of friends, sleeping diagonally in the bed and kicking off the covers. Doing what I like, even if it is only lying on the floor and staring upside down out the window. (not liking.. deadlines, running out of milk, stubbed toes and people ripping the garfield cartoon out of the paper at my cafe)



No comments:

Post a Comment